Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Remedy

Watch me die as I shed my skin.
I agonize before your eyes and you stand helpless wishing there was something you could do to cease my pain.
I watch you through half open eyelids as you weep like a child
'Give me the kiss' I mutter under my breath
'Give me the kiss that springs life into my veins'
But your ears are deafened by the sound of your silent tears.
'Darling, your lips are my remedy
Come forth and electrify me with the power of your breath
Give me the touch I need to live onto
My dose of heart beating you inject!'

'My insides are numb and I feel hollow
Frozen without your love
Overcome by shadows swarming to claim my soul'
But I do not give up
'Your love will revive me,
Your love will protect me
It will save me.'

As you begin to turn your face to walk away
I feel my heart bursting the words 'I love you'
I scream into myself!
I bellow to silence the heart that keeps you from hearing me
Then…
My heart, as if obeying my command, stops…
And I am left alone in a moment of time,
Alone with my soul,
And I must deliver my final words
Before embarking onto the journey,
Towards nothingness…
I decide on my words, and direct them to you,
'He is my soul'

I feel you stop in your tracks, as if to listen
'I love you…'
Then nothing…




My lips moisten, and I feel…
… the blood running through my vein
… the air penetrating my lungs
… the heartbeat
… the breath
… the soul returning to me
I feel…
Your kiss


and I feel…
Alive again.

My eyes open, and I see the most beautiful scene in existence
Your teary eyes starring into mine.

6 comments:

  1. Wish God Put u in a Special Cave, Away From the World 'S Savage Forest

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were talkin abt it yesterday!! how to describe "the situation" and let us live it moment by moment untill we reach the refreshing ending!!

    As the kiss is ur remedy, ur words are my remedy as well!!

    Trust me my friend, u're playing ur role in life LITERALLY and its the thing tht i didnt mention yesterday.. time was sooooo fast!!

    Cheeeeeeeeeeeeers (K)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!
    I had the same thing, u know, a few hours ago :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fatih, Thnku so much, I appreciate your comment.

    Salim, hope you weren't near death when someone gave you that kiss... becuz that was what the poem was about! LOL

    Jad, no matter how much I try to say anything, I find myself unable. Your support lifts me higher and higher each time! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this one a lot, Ribal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thnks a lot Steve, I'm happy u liked it:D

    ReplyDelete