Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Recollection

I close my eyes, relieving the pain of yet another day
My mind is windswept into a forgotten eternity

I hear
The laughter of a child unburdened by dreams
His voice resonant in the ears of the world
I see the smile and the eyes that gleam
As he is told of life's sweet ends
He runs the sands, gleefully, joyfully
Collecting the shells along the innocence beach

I hear
The crying of a boy disillusioned by hopes
His voice raping the silence of his sleep
I see his tears drowning the sheets
As he is thrown in the pains of loss
He roams the night, woefully
Writing of a life not meant to be

I breathe deep as recollection pains me.

But then I hear,
The voice of a man revealing his heart
His words emancipating forgotten pains
I see his arms open apart
As he embraces the loss and gain
He kicks the sands laughing the irony away
The shells of his childhood vanished away.

My eyes remain shut and I breathe deep
But behind me the clock strikes twelve
The sound slays me into being
And existence returns.

The tear burns my cheek.
And I open my eyes…

No comments:

Post a Comment