Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Ignominy

My Ignominy was my love.

Brand me with thy mark,
That scorching burn that eternally stains
A heart devoted to a love afar
Unrequited and forever denied.

I have spent a lifetime of humiliation
Among my kin, I was the traitor
I heard their voices haunting my ears
In disdain and contempt
I was the banished.
I was the exiled.
All for one sin
The sin of love

Wronged I announce,
I am wronged.
I was wronged into being,
A being other than honest truth
Wronged I am,
But my voice is void.

My eyes resolve to quiet tears,
But my tears burn, and turn to dust
Before they see the light of day

I shut me in my room,
My only refuge from your hating stares
I mourn a love, I mourn a life,
And there my crying is allowed to break.

Damn you all,
Followers of an illusion of a mask
Your Providence has scorned me
Your gods have condemned me…
Only because it was under their eyes
That I committed what I least regret
You fools go tell them,
Go ask them of mine virtue,
And they shall speak none,
For I am no follower,
I am a deserter,
A blasphemer in your accord.

You faceless condemners of faith,
The waters reflect no more than a shadow,
Go seek eyes before you scowl in my face
Go ask your gods to practice their mastery upon you,


I am no deserter,
I am no sinner,
I am no blasphemer,

With thy scorching mark I shall brand my bosom,
Proclaiming mine truth with a voice aloud.

I forever shall bear your penance,
Never vindicated of my crime,
My Ignominy is my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment