Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Melancholy of a Lost Boy:

Born from darkness, a starless night my mother, and the bloodshot moon, the father I never knew.

It is me, the forever lost, unnamed and unloved.
Every step I make in search for myself leads me astray, far, far away from home.

I write you what I could not have told you. My pen tells of my pain and delivers the unspoken cries.

These dying lines are the last before my endeavor to find my lost lifeline.

Never cry for my absence, I already found peace in the forgotten track onto which I shall be sailing. I have buried my past under the dust of times and shall only think of what is yet to come. My only wish for the night remains that you shall never taste the pain that I have tasted.
The garden of hope that I've cared for since the day I was born, shall blossom with red flowers, colour of the blood with which I have watered the dying soil. I shall lay my back there, comforted that after the pain, remedy came and my wounds turned into scars that shall be buried under my skin with the passing of years.

When you read my verse, only think of the moments to come for the poet's dream to flourish. Think of his cry for freedom you've ignored for so long, and think of his beaten wings that are craving for emancipation.
I've given my words the tears I fought for years for fear of weakness. Now these words have become the eye with which I shred my pain into pieces.

The world now wants me. It needs me to be just another flying soul in the universal unit. And being wanted has become a thrill I've never known.
Time will tell how I will turn out to be, and I shall embrace the days to come with wide spread wings.

Now you, I wish I did not love you the way I do. For it has become the poison that fills me with guilt. My love for you shall never cease, only the memory shall dim. And the voices inside my head will keep their constant screaming only they will diminish themselves if I ignore them long enough.
There's so much more I wanted to say…
I wish the night would find my heart hidden in its realm…
I shall live no more to shame you…
I am sorry…

5 comments:

  1. This piece has touched me in a lot of ways.
    I reached a point where I didn't wana continue reading honestly, i just stopped, coz i can relate to it.

    I can't say i love it, loving it is just someone's way of sainyg he wants to write something similar, and I don't coz you simply just did.

    great masterpiece.

    your Drama Queen student =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. once a masterpiece is written in this way, that means that the melancholy has planted it roots deeply inside ur emotions! it really hurts when u expect the appreciation from ppl who r supposed to do and unexpectedly they do the opposite!
    Sometimes hard moments lead us to self destruction and sometimes enrich our inspiration to reach the ultimate prosperous and glory! So thank you god for teaching us some life lessons with less bad effects as possible and thank u for giving us the potentials!!
    I hope things wont lead u to say sorry at the end!! but still every single decision u take at the moment is gonna be the initial point for either going to something new or leads to a backlash!!
    May god bless ur pen (K)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous:
    As I always say: my ultimate pleasure in writing is knwoing I will be touching people's hearts, touching yours my friend gives me wings...

    Jad:
    Hopefully I will never be sorry for anything in my life, but knowing I have you as my family I doubt I will ever be sorry for anything in my life...
    Thank you for the support and appreciation I lack so much in my life...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I should hurrEy and smash that shell all over again into nano-pieces, before u spread ur fame wings and fly away :) amazing skills Mr Poet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No one one in the world would understand that "hurrEy", it is our thing... thanku so much for the comment, I appreciate it greatly... Know one thing I would never fly away, and well, the shell isn't doing very good nowadays... :)

    ReplyDelete